Just before Christmas, the forum released our video message, “An Ode to Alyson Barnes” on FaceBook and YouTube. This (hopefully amusing) video is intended to draw attention to our plight and appeal to Alyson Barnes, Rossendale Council Leader to oppose the flawed Masterplan produced by Taylor Wimpey and their associated planning application.
Less than three weeks after it’s “release” our song has had over 4000 views and has helped us to gain supporters and raise funds.
Our key objections to the plans are summarised below:
Edenfield Community Neighbourhood Forum (ECNF) are of the view that both the Masterplan and associated planning application 2022/0451 should be rejected for the following reasons: –
- Neither the Masterplan/Design Code or Planning application meet the requirements of the RBC Local Plan
- The Masterplan does not include the whole site as all developers are not represented
- Concerns over the phasing/how the development will be built have not been adequately addressed
- There is no comprehensive traffic assessment for the whole of Edenfield
- The road infra structure required for development of the whole site is not adequately addressed
- The Design Code produced by ECNF with support of RBC has not been considered
- The scale, density and character of the development is not in keeping with the village
- Concerns on ecology, drainage and flood risk are not adequately addressed
- There is no detail on the provision of local services required to supplement the development
- Sufficient school places to support the development are not adequately addressed
- Concerns regarding the environmental impact are not adequately addressed