The Forum’s comprehensive representations regarding the local plan for Rossendale have been submitted to Rossendale Borough Council by our planning consultants, Troy Planning and Design.
Our key points are:
- The choice of Edenfield as a major site for development is flawed
- There is insufficient regard to the importance of Green Belt
- There is no evidence to justify the release of land from Green Belt
- There are sufficient brownfield sites available for development in the Borough
- There is a failure to address infrastructure issues particularly in relation to highways
The detailed report runs to 66 pages in total and now that it has been submitted to the council, we are pleased to reproduce it here. Thank you to all of our supporters and financial donors who have helped and continue to help us in our struggle to protect our environment.
To view the report, please click the link below: